Automatic Collection Of Information
When you open the Website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends. This data may include information such as your device’s IP address, browser type and version, operating system type and version, language preferences or the webpage you were visiting before you came to the Website and Services, pages of the Website and Services that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on the Website, access times and dates, and other statistics.
Information collected automatically is used only to identify potential cases of abuse and establish statistical information regarding the usage and traffic of the Website and Services. This statistical information is not otherwise aggregated in such a way that would identify any particular user of the system.
Collection Of Personal Information
You can access and use the Website and Services without telling us who you are or revealing any information by which someone could identify you as a specific, identifiable individual. If, however, you wish to use some of the features on the Website, you may be asked to provide certain Personal Information (for example, your name and e-mail address). We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us when you make a purchase, or fill any online forms on the Website. When required, this information may include the following:
- Your name and contact details;
- Your purchase and account history with us;
- Information about your use of our Services and the Website;
- Information about the webpages you visit on our Website;
- Information you provide to us when responding to our customer surveys;
- Any other information you give us; and
- Contact information such as email address, address, etc; and
- Personal details such as name, country of residence, etc.
Use Of Collected Information
In order to make the Website and Services available to you, or to meet a legal obligation, we may need to collect and use certain Personal Information. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the requested products or services. Some of the information we collect is directly from you via the Website and Services. However, we may also collect Personal Information about you from other sources.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used for the following purposes:
- Respond to enquiries and offer support;
- To facilitate the sale or other disposition of our Website or Services;
- To perform the Services and any contractual obligations arising from an agreement with you ad us;
- To comply with our legal obligations ;
- For our internal purposes;
- To bill you and to collect money that you owe us;
- Improve user experience;
- Run and operate the Website and Services; and
- For any other purpose that you authorise (however this does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Information is subject to European data protection law).
Billing And Payments
We use third party payment processors to assist us in processing your payment information securely. Such third party processors’ use of your Personal Information is governed by their respective privacy policies which may or may not contain privacy protections as protective as this Policy. We suggest that you review their respective privacy policies.
Disclosure Of Information
Depending on the requested Services or as necessary to complete any transaction, we may share your information with your consent with our trusted third parties, any other affiliates and subsidiaries we rely upon to assist in the operation of the Website and performance of the Services. We do not share Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties. These service providers are not authorized to use or disclose your information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We may share your Personal Information for these purposes only with third parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to Personal Information. These third parties are given Personal Information they need only in order to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose Personal Information for their own marketing or other purposes.
Retention Of Information
We will retain and use your Personal Information for the period necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. Once the retention period expires, Personal Information shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
The Rights Of Users
You may exercise certain rights regarding your information processed by us. In particular, you have the right to do the following:
- you have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your information;
- you have the right to object to the processing of your information if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent;
- you have the right to learn if information is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the information undergoing processing;
- you have the right to verify the accuracy of your information and ask for it to be updated or corrected;
- you have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your information, in which case, we will not process your information for any purpose other than storing it;
- you have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your Personal Information from us; and
- you have the right to receive your information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that your information is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent, on a contract which you are part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
Privacy Of Children
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any Personal Information through the Website and Services. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information through the Website and Services without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided Personal Information to us through the Website and Services, please contact us.
Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers incorporate a Do Not Track feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Tracking is not the same as using or collecting information in connection with a website. For these purposes, tracking refers to collecting personally identifiable information from consumers who use or visit a website or online service as they move across different websites over time. How browsers communicate the Do Not Track signal is not yet uniform. As a result, the Website and Services are not yet set up to interpret or respond to Do Not Track signals communicated by your browser. Even so, as described in more detail throughout this Policy, we limit our use and collection of your personal information.
To enable some of the features and functionality on our Website, you may need to permit us to place cookies on your device. You can remove or block cookies by using the settings in your browser, but it may affect your ability to use our Website.
We may disclose information about you to our affiliates for the purpose of being able to offer you related or additional products and services. Any information relating to you that we provide to our affiliates will be treated by those affiliates in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
We offer electronic newsletters to which you may voluntarily subscribe at any time. We are committed to keeping your e-mail address confidential and will not disclose your email address to any third parties except as allowed in the information use and processing section or for the purposes of utilizing a third party provider to send such emails. We will maintain the information sent via e-mail in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or by contacting us. However, you will continue to receive essential transactional emails.
Link To Other Resources
The Website and Services may contain links to other resources that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other resources or third parties. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Website and Services and to read the privacy statements of each and every resource that may collect Personal Information.
We secure information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorised access, use, modification, and disclosure of Personal Information in its control and custody. However, no data transmission over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed. Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that:
- there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control;
- the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and the Website and Services cannot be guaranteed; and
- any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party, despite best efforts.
Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose Personal Information to you.
How we Safeguard your Personal Information Outside New Zealand
All Personal Information collected is stored in New Zealand. If we need to transfer your Personal Information to a third party recipient outside of New Zealand in connection with one or more Purpose, then you consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information to the third party recipient provided that we ensure that the overseas recipient is:
- A participant in a prescribed binding scheme for international disclosures of personal information and/or is located in a country that provides comparable safeguards to New Zealand’s privacy laws; and
- If not, then we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient is required to protect your Personal Information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those required under the applicable privacy laws. Examples of these steps include a written agreement between us and the overseas recipient or making reasonable enquiries regarding the data protection standards of the country in which the overseas recipient is located.
In the event we become aware that the security of the Website and Services has been compromised or users Personal Information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties as a result of external activity, including, but not limited to, security attacks or fraud, we reserve the right to take reasonably appropriate measures, including, but not limited to, investigation and reporting, as well as notification to and cooperation with law enforcement authorities. In the event of a data breach, we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected individuals if we believe that there is a reasonable risk of harm to the user as a result of the breach or if notice is otherwise required by law. When we do, we will send you an email.
Changes and Amendments
We reserve the right to modify this Policy or its terms relating to the Website and Services from time to time in our discretion and will notify you of any material changes to the way in which we treat Personal Information. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We may also provide notice to you in other ways in our discretion, such as through contact information you have provided. Any updated version of this Policy will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Policy to our Website unless otherwise specified. Your continued use of the Website and Services after the effective date of the revised Policy (or such other act specified at that time) will constitute your consent to those changes. However, we will not, without your consent, use your Personal Information in a manner materially different than what was stated at the time your Personal Information was collected.
Acceptance Of This Policy
You acknowledge that you have read this Policy and agree to all its terms and conditions. By accessing and using the Website and Services you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Policy, you are not authorised to access or use the Website and Services.
If you would like to contact us to understand more about this Policy or wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to individual rights and your Personal Information, you may do so via the contact form or contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com
You may also complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner if you have any concerns relating to your privacy.
This document was last updated on September 2021